Laziness
…a proper topic for someone who hasn’t contributed a blog in over six months! How many times has laziness cost you? I posed the same question to Carlos right after the incident I am about to relate and he said “Every time.” Why do we always search for the shortest line, the lane of traffic that appears to be traveling the fastest only to make a change and find ourselves in a worse predicament? I think we seldom get ahead but I wasn’t thinking that two days ago when we came out of our train and right in front of us was a lift (elevator for you non-brit speakers.) I had my briefcase and if we took the stairs I would have to pick it up rather than roll it along in my usual lazy way. So I dragged my travel companions, Carlos & Tim, into the lift. The doors closed and we immediately sensed (by that great sense “smell”) the reason no one was competing with us for a ride on the lift. What they called a lift had most recently been used as a urinal. To make matters worse, the lift moved very slowly. Tim & Carlos cracked jokes the whole time to make the time pass and we got out with relief at the street level and took in a deep breath of fresh air…only to discover we were on the wrong side of a four lane freeway causing us to find another lift to get us to the footbridge. We had hoped the urinator had not found this other lift but we were sadly disappointed. As we walked along to our hotel after the assault, both Carlos and Tim suggested that they could have carried my bag. I could have carried my bag, it was really quite easy, I was just overcome with laziness. Surely there is a lesson to be learned but I am afraid you will still find me changing lanes.

1 Comments:
Oh, change. It makes me cry. I had a dream a few nights ago that I need to talk to you about. How very inconvenient of you to be out of the country!
By
Jules, at 8:39 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home